Are you hesitating to take up a teaching job abroad? It may become all the more stressful for you especially if you have never visited that country before. There are plenty of employment opportunities in foreign countries especially in teaching English. However relocating to an unknown territory is a scary idea. It may be even tough to figure out if you landed up with a genuine deal or if the school set up is just a scam.
To avail the visa in this country, you need to possess a bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Sometimes a few years of experience and a TEFL certificate are required for teaching jobs in China.
- Some of the schools are very fastidious about the credentials requirements while others are not so rigid about the whole process. The rules may differ from region to region for teaching in China you can go to teachinchina.cn for more information.
- The shortfall of teachers is so much, so there is a huge demand for English speaking instructors. At all levels, they are searching for top quality teaching faculty.
- For landing the best jobs, you will need the specific qualifications and experience. However many companies are trying out with employees who do not have the required qualifications, and they let you work on a business visa, tourist visa. Adverse aspects of this kind of arrangements are you will be compelled to leave the country after every few months.
- It is possible for people to work without even having a bachelor’s degree but if you want to have a high paying job you should have all the credentials.
Decide first about your work place
You must decide where you will prefer to teach in China. It may be a private school, public institution, international institute or a language academy.
- Some best jobs in this sector are offered by international schools. The selection criteria are more rigid in these schools compared to schools belonging to the public sector.
- The various language academies are comparatively flexible, and they may offer you part-time opportunities.
- The not so reputed academies may even hire non-native speaking teachers or someone who does not possess the college degree.
- If you decide to take up full-time opportunities then both public and private schools are wise options.
Decide on the age group
You need to decide the age group of students. You have to ask yourself whether you are comfortable in teaching school kids or do you like to deal with the teenagers. You have to consider about the location of your workplace too. Your decision may be based on various criteria such as size and population of city, cosmopolitan nature and the weather conditions. Some people like to work in densely populated urban localities whereas there are others who prefer small towns with a few foreigners. The majority of the language academies and public schools are in the major cities but the private schools are mainly located in the suburbs of city. Before taking a final decision about the job, consider the location.