**WARNING: Avoid scams by NEVER paying fees for a teaching position and stay far away if payment is requested (especially Western Union) ***
Hunan Mass Media Vocational and Technical College
Hunan Mass Media Vocational and Technical College, established in July of 2000 on the basis of the former Hunan Bank School and Hunan Educational TV Station, is a public media higher vocational college with a model of “College combining with TV Station”. In 2002, the former Changsha County Teacher Training School was merged in. In 2004, the former Hunan Broadcasting and Television School was merged in. Hunan Mass Media Vocational and Technical College is co-established by Education Department of Hunan Province，Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television of Hunan Province and Hunan Broadcasting System and it is in the charge of Education Department of Hunan Province. As one of the first national backbone higher vocational colleges, one of the first project construction units of “Excellent Higher Vocational Colleges”, Base for International Promotion of Chinese Language and Culture(Hunan) by Hanban, the program production facilities for the Hunan Broadcasting System and the “Voice Shaoshan Radio”, it owns the reputation of “the Cradle of Broadcasting and Television in Hunan”.
Adhering to the educational orientation of “keeping a foothold in Hunan, orienting to the whole country; serving the cultural industry, highlighting media characteristics”, carrying on the school motto of “Creativity Lights up Your Life” and implementing the development strategy of “invigorating the college by introducing TV station, strengthening the college by ingenuity and glorifying the college by services”, Hunan Mass Media Vocational and Technical College is dedicated to cultivating creative technical personnel with high comprehensive quality and strong communicating ability for the construction of “strengthening Hunan by culture” and the development of media industry. Currently, there are 35 majors in Hunan Mass Media Vocational and Technical College. Putting “media content production” as the core, supported by “media arts” and “media technology”, taking the development structure of “media management” and “cultural education” into account, and focusing on the construction of 3 characteristic major groups (namely, Press, Publications, Radio, Film and Television, Animation and Art Design, New Media Technology), Hunan Mass Media Vocational and Technical College enrolls students from 30 provinces, municipalities and autonomous regions all over the country and there are about 10,000 currently registered students.
Conducting two-level management, there are 6 Schools and 2 Educational Departments in Hunan Mass Media Vocational and Technical College: the School of Journalism and Communication, the School of Film and Television Arts, the School of Visual Arts, the School of New Media Technology, the School of Management, the School of International Communication, the Department of Ideological and Political Education and the Department of Physical Education. The total faculty number is 640, including 173 teachers with a title of a senior professional post and 307 doctors and masters. Hunan Mass Media Vocational and Technical College is an examination center of the National Qualification Test for Editors, Journalists, Announces and Anchors, as well as HSK and IELTS. The main campus is located in China National Economic and Technical Development Zone, Xingsha, Changsha, neighbouring to Hunan Broadcasting and Television Center. Hunan Mass Media Vocational and Technical College is a environmental-protection and intellectualized campus with the reputation of “Civilized Unit in Hunan Province” and “Landscaped Unit in Hunan Province”.
1. Native English speaker from the USA, the UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand， Ireland, or South Africa , oral English is really authentic and standard pronunciation.
2. Bachelor degree or equivalent, higher degree preferred, Education and English degree preferred, TESOL or TEFL certificate preferred.
3. At least 1-2 years English teaching experience with college students, be familiar with Chinese students’ thinking in English learning.
- With a profound English cultural background ,which could help students deepen their understanding of foreign culture.
- Excellent communicative skills, outgoing and friendly personality. Be reliable and responsible.
- Be positive and warm-hearted, with vigor and patience, love student and teaching.Teaching method is simple and effective.
- Be healthy both mentally and physically, without bad habits and criminal records.
- Observe the laws and regulations of PRC, and regulations and disciplines of Hunan Mass Media Vocational and Technical College well.
- Respect Chinese people’s ethics , customs and China’s religious policies.
- Job Type:Full-time for at least one year.
- Work City ：Changsha，Hunan，China.
- Responsibilities:Mainly teach English to College students from freshmen to junior students in Business English Specialty and Leisure and Management Specialty，proficiency in directing reading, listening, speaking and writing skills. Furthermore ，encourage an English-speaking environment for all students within the college.
- Working Hours: 14-16 periods per week.
- Starting time:September, 2018.
- Benefits package：Working (Z) visa sponsorship for successful applicants，faculty accommodation and necessary living facilities for free in the college, a negotiable monthly salary, a subsidy for electricity,gas,water,drinking water and telephone fee, health insurance, annual flight allowance, traveling expenses, paid college holidays and the vacation of the public holidays of P.R.China. provided .
Division of International Exchange, Hunan Mass Media Vocational and Technical College
No.5, Teli Road, Xingsha District, Changsha, Hunan, P.R.China 410100