**WARNING: Avoid scams by NEVER paying fees for a teaching position and stay far away if payment is requested (especially Western Union) ***
Short-term teaching positions:
To the different preferences of all of you who wish to sample China without being able to make a long-term commitment, we hope you will find our Short-term Teaching Program to your liking.
This endeavor came about due to the ongoing need for English teachers in China and the number of people that would like to come and spend a few weeks or months to immerse themselves in the culture or practice the language.
The perks and benefits are fairly similar to those of the full time positions with a few exceptions, mainly the salary.
In our short-term teaching program, you will teach in a normal school and receive a token allowance to cover your expenses. You will also be entitled to private accommodation with various degrees of comfort. You might stay in the New Times’ apartment, the school might arrange accommodation, but also a homestay belongs to the possibilities.
As a short-term teacher, you can stay as long as you want or as little as you want. However, if you would like to stay at least one semester, we would advice you to join our regular Teach in China program. Our short-term teaching program is very flexible, but you will be expected to live up to your commitment when you make one unless we find out that the school you are teaching at is trying to make money out of you.
USD 400 payable upon arrival in Shijiazhuang.
This fee goes towards making your initial stay more comfortable and allows us to sustain this program and partly covers visa extensions if necessary, pick up and drop off from and to Beijing International Airport, and accommodation and food during the brief period we are looking for a suitable position for you.
At anytime during the year. Short-term opportunities generally last from 5 to 20 weeks, but can last as long or short as you want.
- The locations will vary depending on the time of the year, but will normally be in southern Hebei province;
- Short-term teachers do not have to be native English speakers. However, you are expected to be fluent;
You will receive:
1. Training in teaching techniques, which also covers some Chinese language and Culture;
2. Apartment with paid utilities or a home-stay with a Chinese family;
3. Weekly Chinese language classes (in some cases depending on the school);
4. Visa extension expenses if necessary;
5. Pick up and drop off at the airport;
6. Certificate from Hebei Province International Education Exchange Association.
E-mail or fax us your application and the following documents/information:
– A cover letter and your complete CV/resume;
– A recent picture and a copy of the front page from your passport;
– The earliest/firmest date that you can arrive in China;
– The kind of program you wish to join;
– Expected length of stay.